So I have been looking for something inexpensive for one of the walls in the living room...then I saw this cute idea on Bloom. Mine definitely did not turn out as professional but I love them all the same. I didn't quite follow her tutorial but here is what I did:
First, got the backing off these matted pictures... not pretty but no one will see the back right? Plus, you can't beat $0.99 for a frame with three layers of matting... loved them!
Next, I snapped some profile pics of the family and developed them. Didn't have the time, energy or brains to try and get them all the same size... just adds to the character right (or so I tell myself)? Cut the pictures out and taped them to black cardstock. I then cut the cardstock out in the exact shape of the cut picture.
I spray painted my frames black

Glued my silhouettes to some yellow cardstock.....and here is the finished project for each family member..
Ollie Dog

Mr. B

Me

Timmy

Finished project displayed in the living room




No comments:
Post a Comment