Friday, March 5, 2010

El Mercado

My friend Sarah and I decided to take the kids down to El Mercado today to get out for a bit.  The Mexican culture is so rich and alive in San Antonio and it is fun to explore.

The Original El Mercado in Market Square

My friend Sarah purchased these adorable little flowers made out paper

There is an amazing Mexican bakery at the infamous Mi Tierra Restaurant... with lots of goodies like Pan de Huevo

In the Mexican culture, many items are made out of paper.  I love these banners that are hung everywhere.  I was also reminded of a wonderful tradition that I grew up around..Pinatas.  They were always a part of all parties I either attended or had growing up.  I definitely want to continue that with Brady as he grows up.

My only purchase was a little authentic Guayabera shirt for Brady... matches one that Daddy already has..too cute!

"tienen un viernes agradable"

No comments:

Post a Comment