Wednesday, March 24, 2010

SIMPLIFY- Week 2: Baby Clothes... and Stuff

Since B just turned one I figured this was the perfect time to start going through clothes worn and items used during the first year.... pare down, organize and store!
To start this project, I googled what to do with baby clothes and read quite a few articles.  After digesting it all, here is the plan of attack:
  • separate into four piles: (1) new or lightly used clothes or items that can be worn or used by any future baby, (2) those items that I didn't use or dress B in and therefore will probably never use or put on any future kiddos (3) anything stained, with holes, or just plain worn out  and (4) those clothes that are special because when I look at them, I only see Brady.
  • Pile 1- store in a heavy duty tote labeled "The First Year" for future use.  GOAL- fit "The First Year"  all in one tote.
  • Pile 2- donate to Goodwill
  • Pile 3- either chunk or use as cleaning rags around the house
  • Pile 4- after much deliberation, I have decided to try and find someone to make a little quilt/blanket for Brady with these "Brady" items.  Not a project I want to tackle personally..would rather enjoy the fruits of anothers labor in this case!
So here is Pile 1 organized and ready for storage... I think I was kidding myself that it would all fit in one tote...well the best of intentions anyway

Pile of "Brady" clothes ready to be made into a blanket...

The rest has been donated and/or dumped.... Project 2 complete!

No comments:

Post a Comment