While at the farmer's market I found the most adorable little olive tree.. it is an Arbequina to be exact. I don't exactly have what you would call a green thumb so caring for her is going to be a challenge. She can live in pots for years to come which was my first criteria because she will be forced to move a couple of times over the next few years. She takes two to three years to fruit and then her olives can be used for eating, making oil, etc. So I brought "Lola" home and the journey has begun. Lola has been placed in her first pot and I found a window sill with lots of natural light for her to live for now. Wish us luck!
Monday, February 1, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I love that you named your beloved olive tree,
ReplyDeletewe do that too!